January 19, 2018

A Short Update on "A Beautiful End"

I’ve been eager to post an update on my progress with my novel, A Beautiful End. I started a blog post last October, just before the start of the 2017 month of writing with nanowrimo.org, but life was too busy. November started and I got on with the task of writing that I had assigned myself. December was it’s usual self, monopolized by things Christmas. In January I returned to writing, to finish November’s task. It is done, and now the blog post is finally being written.

I veered away from the expectations of NaNoWriMo this past November. The idea is to write a new novel and to just write like crazy and never look back until the month is over. It is a very effective way to get a big chunk of writing done and to fall into the creative flow. But this time I wrote slowly and thoughtfully. I rewrote the first part of A Beautiful End. This was a new experience for me, to write the same story over again. From my perspective, it was a great success! I wrote a better story, even though the plot was essentially the same, and I improved my writing ability as I went along. It was just the right thing for me.

Next steps include doing revisions on this first part, based on anything I find and then based on feedback from readers. I’m looking forward to the moment when I can present my novel to the world as a finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form/Request Email Notification

Name

Email *

Message *