October 26, 2018

Poem: Evolution

Earth has become
My alien
Home
More and more
Unrecognizable.
These clouds
An ever changing skyscape
I do not know.
This air
I did not breathe
Heavy and moist.
My Canadian garden
Now a tropical jungle
Plants tall and lush.

My rhythms
Learned from earth
As I grew
Have been replaced
Rhythms become randomness
What should remain
Goes
What once would go
Stays
Confusion abounds

In this time
I, too,
Must change
Release my grip
On routines and rhythms
Leave expectations
To slip through my fingers
Breathe deep
Down into the vastness
Of my Soul
See through
All these failing structures
Find the webs
That hold us

I, myself,
Am an alien
To my younger self
The landscape of my personhood
Barely recognizable
My rhythms no longer imposed
My structures unreliable
My evolution is
A work in progress
Never solitary
As Earth
I
You
We
Move on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form/Request Email Notification

Name

Email *

Message *